* Patients will return to the ward with sequential compression devices and anti- thrombolytic stockings on; these should be worn until discharge. * Dressings should be left intact or reinforced as necessary. A pressure dressing can be applied as required.
* Ice packs should be applied if there is bruising in the area.
* Please do not allow your patient to get the dressings wet - ie. PLEASE DO NOT ALLOW THEM TO SHOWER!
* After surgery, patients may mobilise gently as tolerated. Any exercise that stretches the area in which the leads and/or battery are implanted SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
* Our patients undergo a thorough education session preoperatively, and should be familiar with post operative limitations and expectations.
* During the education session, patients are given instruction on how to use their device, and are given contact numbers for assistance should they require it.
* Dr Cornish and the practice nurse will visit the patient post operatively, usually the following morning, and it is expected that patients discharge thereafter.
* A follow up appointment will have been previously made for them in the rooms.
* Dr Cornish will arrange for scripts for discharge medications as required.